With the continuous update and rapid development of packaging materials for sterilized articles. medical non-woven fabrics have gradually entered the disinfection supply centers of various types of hospitals as the final packaging materials for sterilized articles. How to control the quality of medical nonwovens, you must pay attention to these ten aspects of medical nonwovens
1. Medical nonwovens are different from ordinary nonwovens and composite nonwovens, Ordinary non-woven fabrics do not have antibacterial properties.composite non-woven fabrics have good water resistance and poor air permeability, and are generally used in surgical gowns and surgical sheets. medical non-woven fabrics are made by spunbond, meltblown, spunbond (SMS) Compressed, it has the characteristics of antibacterial, hydrophobic, breathable, and no shavings. It is used for the final packaging of sterilized items, one-time use, without cleaning
2. Quality standards for medical non-woven fabrics: Medical non-woven fabrics used for sterilizing the final packaging materials of medical devices should meet the requirements of GB / T19633 and YY / T0698.2.
3. The validity period of non-woven fabrics: The validity period of medical non-woven fabrics is generally 2 to 3 years. The validity period of products from different manufacturers is slightly different. Please refer to the instructions for use. Sterile articles packaged in medical non-woven fabrics should be valid for 180 days and are not affected by sterilization methods
4. For non-woven fabrics used for sterilizing articles packaging, it is advisable to add or subtract 5 grams to 50 g / m2.
5. When medical surgical nonwovens are used to package surgical instruments, a closed packaging method should be used. Two layers of non-wovens should be used for packaging twice. Repeated folding can form a longer curved path to prevent microorganisms from entering the sterilization bag easily, 2 layers of non-woven fabrics cannot be used for single packaging
6. Medical non-woven fabrics undergo high-temperature sterilization, and their internal results will change, affecting the penetration of sterilization media and antibacterial properties. Therefore, medical non-woven fabrics must not be repeatedly sterilized.
7. Due to the hydrophobic properties of non-woven fabrics, excessive and heavy metal equipment is sterilized at high temperature, and condensed water is formed during cooling, which is easy to produce wet bags. Therefore, absorbing material in the large equipment bag, appropriately reducing the load of the sterilizer, leaving a gap between the sterilization bags, appropriately extending the drying time, and avoiding wet bags as much as possible.
8. Low temperature plasma of hydrogen peroxide should use special non-woven fabrics. Medical non-woven fabrics containing plant fibers cannot be used, because plant fibers will absorb hydrogen peroxide .
9. Although the medical non-woven fabric is not a medical device, it is related to the sterilization quality of the medical device. The quality of the medical non-woven fabric as a packaging material and the packaging method are important to ensure the sterility level.
10. Refer to the inspection report and product batch test report provided by the manufacturer, and check the physical and chemical properties of the medical non-woven fabric to ensure that the quality of the used product is qualified.